Maternity Cover (up to 12 months)
Hybrid role (Office location- London, England)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Delinian is a global B2B information-services business. Delinian’s brands provide actionable data, analysis, intelligence and access in markets where information and convening market participants are valued. Delinian has customers in more than 140 countries and over 2,200 employees located in North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
If you want the opportunity to work in a fast-paced global B2B events environment and be part of a high performing venue sourcing team, this is the role for you.
The role sits in our small internal Shared Service Centre within Delinian’s Events Group. This is an exciting and fast moving role where you will be working closely with Event Managers, Operations Managers and other stakeholders to understand the requirements of each event. With this knowledge you will locate the right venues, negotiate the best price, agree contractual terms, and present the best options to the events team.
We operate in a truly collaborative way and work as a team to secure the best possible outcomes for our events and our customers.
The role is responsible for sourcing venues globally, with a particular focus on the UK, Europe, and Asia.
- Ensure all shortlisted venue options appropriately match the expectations of the relevant event brand and its customers while also maximising cost saving opportunities.
- Manage complex negotiations relating to space, rates, costs, concessions, and contract terms.
- Work with Product Directors and the Event Delivery Team to establish venue and housing requirements.
- Adopt a data driven approach to provide insights into room block performance and commission by event, venue brand and as a group
- Ensure all shortlisted venues meet Delinian’s standards for health, safety, security, and sustainability
- Cultivate positive relationships with key hotel chains
- Proven venue booking experience on the event side
- Advanced negotiating, risk management, and contracting skills
- Commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of venue contracts and all relevant contractual clauses
- Advanced project management skills
- Exceptional ability to establish relationships and maintain a positive rapport both internally and externally
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple time zones simultaneously and within tight deadlines.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Familiarity with development of RFP/RFIs based on event needs.
- Strong relationship builder
- Outgoing and good networker
- Problem solver
- Willing to embrace new technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary as well as other benefits, including paid holidays, and discretionary gifted days
- Access to LinkedIn learning for training and upskilling
- We offer hybrid working arrangements and place a strong emphasis on a good work/life balance
- We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Delinian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.