At Delinian, we are building the future of information services: transforming our portfolio of B2B publishing brands into a modern, global information business.
Our business is transforming as we seek to retain the relevance our brands have within the markets they serve, while also taking advantage of our scale to deliver better results for our customers and shareholders. This means laser focus on responding to our client's needs for specialism, while also building common tools and functions that allow us to meet customer's needs better.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial culture – enabling creative, action-oriented, and knowledgeable professionals to do their best work. We also believe in autonomy, accountability, passion, and a sense of humour.
ABOUT INSURANCE INSIDER
Insurance Insider provides rapid market intelligence, analysis and real-time insight to help insurers, brokers and service providers to gain a competitive advantage, make better decisions, act first and profit from insight. Insurance Insider consists of Insurance Insider, the market leading provider of specialty insurance and reinsurance intelligence, ILS which provides specialist content for the Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) market and Insurance Insider US which provides dedicated in-depth coverage of the US Insurance market.
Insurance Insider currently organises four 1 day conferences and a range of half day and short form meetings, roundtables and webinars in London and New York City
The overarching purpose of this role is to deliver market leading content, programmes and speakers. This includes content across the Insurance Insider portfolio of conferences, roundtables, webinars and ad-hoc events which helps achieve financial targets, delivers positive customer feedback, and enables growth.
- Project management and ownership of content and programme development for products including London Market Conference, Insurance Insider US Conference, ILS London and New York Conferences, Insider Progress, Program Partners Business Clubs as well as our portfolio of webinars and roundtables.
- Management of the Production Coordinator who produces bespoke content developed with sponsors for our webinar and roundtable opportunities.
- Producing high quality conference agenda which meets and exceeds market expectations and develops commercial speaking and networking opportunities to meet our financial targets
- Acting as ambassador for the brands in the portfolio, proactively building and maintaining key relationships with the key organisations and individuals to enhance the event(s).
- Managing the productivity and quality of content to schedule, including presentations, fringe activity, and ensuring that standards are kept exceptionally high across all areas of delivery, whilst meeting all financial and KPI targets.
- Contribution to Insurance Insider’s 3 awards programmes, using research to recommend categories, criteria and judges to the awards team,
- Use data and research to analyse and critically assess the content, format, and programme for each event, identifying new and innovative content & speaker opportunities to enhance the customer experience and drive delegate attendance.
- Build strong industry relationships and advisory panels to gain insight to shape content.
- Seek and exploit sponsorship opportunities and collaborate with sales to maximise revenues.
- Develop content and programmes which highlight the benefits of Insurance Insider subscriptions and editorial knowledge, increasing client retention rates across the business.
Line Management & Key Stakeholders
- Direct management and development of a Production Coordinator.
- To liaise and work with the internal stakeholders to confirm content theme and identify key speakers for our events.
- To liaise and work with senior editors, subscriptions sales and the product director to confirm content theme and identify key speakers.
- Working with the marketing teams to ensure that event content, copy and representation of the event(s) is on brand and relevant to the sector targeted.
- Briefing the telesales teams to ensure comprehensive understanding of the content, event(s) and key USPs of the event(s). Accountable for working with stakeholder team to drive NPD whilst ensuring existing products are refreshed and revised as needed.
- Manage regular project meetings taking careful record of deliverables and actions for key stakeholders.
Content & Programme
- Creating innovative procedural solutions and making decisions that drive efficiency and enhance performance internally and externally to deliver a world class customer experience pre, during and post an event.
- Ensuring all programmes deliver a high calibre experience for attendees, sponsors, and speakers, through obsessive quality control and project management.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to develop exciting content and sponsorship opportunities
- Managing production of event guides and/or other event collateral that includes the event content.
- Developing reliable and value add relationships with the market through research and advisory boards.
- Devise and deliver innovation and engaging formats which create more opportunities for interaction and value creation for sponsors, speakers and delegates.
- Working with Product Director, VP of Marketing and Commercial Director to develop the strategy and tactics to drive the teams to overachieve on delegates, and revenue targets through end-to-end project management, and proactively finding solutions to reach financial goals and KPIs.
- Accurate reporting of revenues and profit, with an understanding of the costs involved in delivering content.
- Accountable with the for overseeing the speakers and presentations, sponsor content and their experiences.
- Working with operations on innovation and engaging presentations, customer experiences and formats
- Supervise and lead the execution of content onsite to a high standard.
- Work with the sponsorship and operations team to create product and market relevant inventory and opportunities to reach sponsor target.
- Attend sponsor meetings as required.
- Product Director, Events and Marketing Services
- Production Coordinator
- Operations team
- Marketing team
- Sales and commercial
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of B2B content creation, programme management, conference research and project management.
- Awareness of contemporary conference content creation and presentation formats.
- Demonstrable portfolio of previous conference production
- Ability to deliver high-quality content output based on a learned understanding of the market and customer expectations.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business development.
- Strong organisational and logistical skills with multiple projects at the same time. Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills with an ability to navigate challenging situations, problem solving, providing great solutions to delight customers.
- Able to understand and interpret customer expectations.
- Skilled budget manager with ability to forecast accurately and meet targets.
- Ambitious and driven by hitting targets.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, determined.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task
- Collaborative with other peers across the business in other functions.
- A good communicator who can engage different audiences through multiple channels.
- Highly organised, able to work under pressure to deadlines.
- A good listener and willing learner.