Derivia Intelligence Limited is currently a unit of Delinian, a portfolio company of highly specialised global businesses, focused on critical insights into a broad range of markets. Delinian is owned by the PE firm Epiris and the intention is for the Derivia Intelligence Limited business to be sold as a stand-alone business over the next few years.
Diversity and belonging matter. Our Employee Resource Groups and our working and social environments reflect and thrive on those values. Given the importance we place on inclusion and diversity to our success, it is not by chance that Inclusion, Diversity and Well-being is the first of our five ESG focus areas.
We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, ethnicity, disability, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
If you are a person with a disability, please let us know if you need any help with the application or interview process, so we can make reasonable adjustments as best as possible. If you would prefer to discuss this in confidence, please email email@example.com
The position of Business Development Manager is a high-activity position requiring both a high outreach volume and consistent prospecting within our markets. As a Business Development Manager, you will need to show a deep understanding of your customers, the challenges they face and how Future Options World’s services help them address those challenges. To be successful in this role you will need to combine solution-based selling and a will to win.
- Deliver revenue and New Business against quarterly targets
- Win new business through the sales of subscriptions into funds, assets managers and investors
- Prospect and contact potential clients and key decision makers through multiple channels including face to face
- Demonstrate an understanding of the markets the company operates in, and an in-depth knowledge of the company’s products, who buys them, and why
- Create a territory plan for your assigned markets, highlighting opportunities for new logos
- Carry out New Business Account planning, detailed pre-call research on prospective clients and their organizations to maximize the percentage of trials converting to sales
- Maintain strong inter-departmental communication, both intra and inter office
- Travel to industry conferences and client’s offices where necessary
- Ensure you are fully aware of the company’s short, medium and long-term goals and your territory plan aligns with these.
- Work with the CRO to ensure consistent performance against agreed targets
- As a member of the Derivatives Sales Team, assist others, where required, to ensure Sales targets are achieved both individually and as an organization overall
- Provide customer feedback and insight to the relevant teams regarding product and content development
- Maintain close communication with the Global FOW Sales Team, Operations, Marketing
- Your decisions and suggestions should consider the impact on the other areas of the company and you should be aware of the impacts (both positive and negative) that it may have on those departments.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ Years demonstrable history of success in a subscriptions sales environment, required
- Exceptional prospecting & closing skills, required
- Experience selling 6-figure deals into financial institutions in Europe, preferred
- Knowledge of financial services markets, required
- Knowledge of derivatives, preferred
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Pipeline building, management & forecasting
- Skilled user of MEDDPICC, MEDDICC, Challenger, SPIN or other B2B sales methodology
- Self-driven, results-oriented individual, with a positive outlook
- Customer mind-set
- Adaptable and relishes new challenges
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Maintain a strong focus on growth
- Ambitious for the team, business and set the tone for working at pace